Advertising your volunteering opportunity with us is simple and free. You can also get support and advice on all aspects of volunteer recruitment, including designing volunteer roles that attract and retain volunteers.
Register Your Opportunity with Us
A member of our Volunteering Team will check all opportunities registered with us before advertising. We may also contact you if we need more details.
We ask all groups and organisations to meet Minimum Standards for involving volunteers. If you don’t meet all the minimum standards, we will be in touch with you before advertising your role to chat about what you need and how we can support you to comply.
- Volunteering Policy
- Equal Opportunities
- Health and Safety Policy
- Public Liability Insurance
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults Policy (if applicable)
Find out more about the minimum standards and/or download policy templates here.
We don’t advertise opportunities that:
- can’t be undertaken in East Renfrewshire and/or doesn’t benefit East Renfrewshire residents
- are poorly designed and unlikely to offer a quality experience
- are job substitution
If you are a for-profit (business) organisation, please get in touch with us before registering your opportunity.
- We use our sister website The Community Hub to advertise volunteering roles to local people.
- We will post your role on our & local Social Media channels, giving you even better reach to prospective volunteers.
- We can also advertise your role on the national database of volunteering opportunities – Volunteer Scotland
- Quarterly newsletter with good practice tips and resources to help you better involve and support your volunteers.
Other supports with recruiting & managing volunteers:
- Help with designing volunteer roles and descriptions
- We can help you identify relevant training as well as networking opportunities for invaluable peer to peer support.
- PVG (previously Disclosure Scotland) advice and guidance
- Support to obtain the Volunteer Friendly Award
We will post your volunteering opportunities on our social media channels and share it on local groups, giving you even better reach to prospective volunteers.
We will send you quarterly emails with good practice tips and resources to help you better involve and support your volunteers.