This free event will allow leaders and managers in health and education hear directly from LGBT young people about their experiences in education and the impact of these experiences on their health and wellbeing.
The event will share these findings, alongside national research, and provide space to explore with LGBT young people positive ways to move forward together and takes place at Hampden Park between 09:30am and 16:00pm.
To book a place please go to the LGBT Youth events page.
9.30 - Coffee on arrival
10.00 - The Evidence
- NHS GGC Key Findings from Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- LGBTYS Key Findings from national research
11.20 - The Challenge
Workshops from young people against the themes of
- Trans identities
- Mental health
- Sexual health and relationship
- Experiences of education
1.00 - Buffet Lunch
1.50 - Towards Solutions
- Ministerial address (tbc)
- Returning to Relationships
- Leadership of a Rights Based Approach
- Action Planning
4.20 - Final Remarks from young people
4.30 - Close